Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? May 25, 2017 at 12:16
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Signatures  ( 34704 )
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular
: 3670

« : Jul 12, 2006 at 12:49 »

One of the guiding philosophies of this website is to use screen space as efficiently as possible. I don't want huge signatures that make you scroll, and scroll, and scroll, down the page to view the next post.

It is okay to add a small signature to your posts - you can even include a banner ad for your own website.

• Only one image per signature.
  • The maximum height of any image is 120 pixels. 120x60 or 120x120 or 200x120 pixel images are okay.
  • No affiliate links allowed in signatures, or anywhere else on this forum!
  • Maximum size of any signature cannot be larger than about 150 pixels. In other words - one 120x60 or 120x120 banner and one or two lines of text/links.

Good luck, nutn
« : Jan 30, 2013 at 15:51 nutN2Lewz »
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular
: 3670

« #1 : Apr 09, 2013 at 13:46 »

Please do abuse the use of signatures. I recently had to alter a member's signature because he had three links to his own poker forum in the first sentence in his signature and the second sentence contained a link to his 'poker bonus' page. This is excessive - do you really need three links to your own poker forum in your signature? And as for 'poker bonus codes' or sites that specialize in 'poker bonus codes' ... I reach for my gun first and ask questions later.

I have an extremely lenient policy when it comes to posting links - most other websites are much more restrictive in what they allow. Many websites do not allow you to post any links at all. Many websites do not allow signatures. Many websites do not allow you to post links to your own website in your signature.

The purpose of your signature should be to inform HPT readers about yourself or your business, whether poker-related or not. I have no problem with that. You should not use your signature for SEO purposes so that you can spam my website with links to your own website. Please be reasonable when posting links and images in your signature.

Do not use your signature (or forum posts) to advertise your poker bonus pages. HPT is a website dedicated to live poker, not online poker and I have a very low tolerance for online poker. Sites dealing with online poker are a dime a dozen and I do not want to open the door and allow hordes of online poker sites to start spamming HPT. This policy makes HPT somewhat unique compared to other poker sites.

Please do not abuse my rather generous link posting policy.

Good luck, nutn
« : Apr 10, 2013 at 11:02 nutN2Lewz »
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Home Poker Tourney  |  Forum Rules  |  Topic: Signatures