Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Aug 21, 2017 at 19:42
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Hello again  ( 100 )
luckystraights
Regular
: 3159

« : Aug 09, 2017 at 18:34 »

Hello everyone, I hope you're all well

A friend as gotten interested in poker; hopefully we'll have the ocassional home game - though I've been here before, so not holding my hopes too high for a regular game, but there is potential.

Just got back on Poker Stars after a struggle trying to remember what my player id was. Lots seems to have changed, I don't really recognise the new lobby and there are new things like Zoom tables, which I don't think existed when I played. I've not made a deposit yet, but 2nl seems to play like 25nl, or at least 10nl used to several years ago. Apparently the rake structure as changed.

Are many of you still playing; I've always been a fan of Poker Stars, I'm wondering if playing elsewhere might be better nowadays. Did the Black Friday mess get sorted, are US  players allowed to play online again?

Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular
: 9543

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« #1 : Aug 10, 2017 at 08:52 »

Most US players are still locked out,  although some states have legalized online poker.  I expect the number of states to expand and hopefully, we'll all be back online soon.

Wedge Rock (not a real rock)

Guilty of over-using ellipses...
luckystraights
Regular
: 3159

« #2 : Aug 10, 2017 at 13:50 »

Most US players are still locked out,  although some states have legalized online poker.  I expect the number of states to expand and hopefully, we'll all be back online soon.

I'm glad there is some hope; I'm a little surprised the ban hasn't already been removed, but politicians generally are slower to remove restrictions than add them I suppose.
Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular
: 9543

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« #3 : Aug 10, 2017 at 19:06 »

The ban was federal.

States are individually getting around it by allowing play within their borders only.

Wedge Rock (not a real rock)

Guilty of over-using ellipses...
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Venues  |  Online Poker  |  Topic: Hello again