Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? May 25, 2017 at 01:02
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Exposed card in stud  ( 346 )
Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular
: 9524

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« : Apr 24, 2017 at 13:44 »

Still a great place to come to for poker related questions even if traffic has slowed down here. In fact Wedgerock used it as a reference this Saturday evening!

I think we got both rulings wrong:

Section 8.1 says "If your first or second holecard is accidentally turned up by the dealer, then your third card will be dealt down. If both holecards are dealt up, you have a dead hand and receive your ante back."  So when my first card was exposed, we correctly continued the deal with the next two cards being down.  But when the second down card (third card dealt) was also exposed, my hand should have been dead and I should have gotten my ante back.

And when Terry's seventh card was dealt face up, mine should have been dealt up too.  8.17: "If the dealer turns the last card faceup to any player, the hand now high on the board using all the upcards will start the action. The following rules apply to the dealing of cards:  (b) If there are only two players remaining and the first player's final downcard is dealt faceup, the second player's final downcard will also be dealt faceup, and the betting proceeds as normal."

Wedge Rock (not a real rock)

Guilty of over-using ellipses...
mike32
Regular
: 234

« #1 : Apr 24, 2017 at 15:15 »

At least in Terry's situation I believe the outcome would have been the same. Didn't he receive an unwanted ace both times? I felt lucky I only did that once, I think that was the only time anyone exposed a 7th card all night!
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13461

« #2 : Apr 24, 2017 at 16:25 »

There was a tourney going on? The dealers choice cash table seemed much more fun :)

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jambine
Global Moderator
Regular
: 5566

My Passion

« #3 : Apr 24, 2017 at 23:38 »

I think you would be correct by 8.1
You should have a dead hand and get your ante back

Cash game at Three Creek Ranch
Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular
: 9524

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« #4 : Apr 25, 2017 at 13:36 »

At least in Terry's situation I believe the outcome would have been the same. Didn't he receive an unwanted ace both times?

Yes, and no.

Yes he got an ace both times, but they made his hand and therefore weren't unwanted.

Wedge Rock (not a real rock)

Guilty of over-using ellipses...
Dr. Neau
Regular
: 9678

Dr. Neau is a player of the pokers

« #5 : Apr 25, 2017 at 14:03 »

You need a dedicated dealer.

Someone's gotta say it.

(not a real doctor)

Concentrate on winning your tournament...let Dr. Neau manage it.

http://drneau.com
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Topic: Exposed card in stud