Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email? Mar 26, 2017 at 14:53
Login
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Username:
Password:

^ Login with username, password and session length

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Adapted T1000  (Read 413 times)
rrrafa
Player

« on: Jan 11, 2017 at 19:42 »

Hello. I'm new here and also new to organizing poker tours. I've played very few games at home with friends and family. Last two were a bit better because I started following advice I found here on chips distribution, blinds schedule and so on. I liked it a lot.

I'm here for an opinion from you, experienced guys. I own a 500 chip set with the following distribution:

150 - White
125 - Red
100 - Blue
75 - Green
50 - Black

I think it would be better with four colors, but that's what I could buy.

All chips are unmarked (is there an adequate word for this?) and so I can assign any value to them to make better use of the set distribution. However, I would like to use them with their standard values. According to this site, those would be:

White - 1
Red - 5
Blue - 10
Green - 25
Black - 100

Let's say I use one of the distributions suggested here for a T1000 tournament. 15/13/6 - red/green/black. I only have enough chips for 5 players. If I used white/red/blue I'd optimize my set, But let's just say I want to stick with standard colors (for no special reasons, just my personal taste)

So I thought: What if I divide the initial chips by 5 and have the blinds schedule reduced at the same ratio?

T1000 suggested blinds are:
10 - 20
15 - 30
20 - 40
25 - 50
50 - 100...

T200
2 - 4
3 - 6
4 - 8
5 - 10
10 - 20...

And I would have my chips distribution like this: (15/12/5)

$1 - White - 15
$5 - Red - 12
$25 - Green - 5

My question is: Am I missing anything? Should my T200 game flow as nicely as the T1000 suggested in this site? I had the Chip total, chip value, blinds schedule reduced at the same ratio. Or did I do anything wrong? Would you suggest anything else? Apart from disregarding standard color/value

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2017 at 11:54 by rrrafa » Logged
Jambine
Global Moderator
Regular

My Passion

« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2017 at 11:23 »

Welcome to the forum.

The question is how many people are you trying to accommodate and how long will the Tourney last?

Cash game at Three Creek Ranch
rrrafa
Player

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2017 at 12:19 »

Hi Jambine.

I'd like to accommodate 7 to 10 players and the tourney could last 3 to 4 hours.

I think there is one thing to take into account: Only 4 of those are regular poker players. So I think it would be better to have a slow paced event. Not TOO slow though, because the others can get bored.

This is for my birthday barbecue. The other days we're going to be playing with 4-5 people that are really into serious poker. So I can use the suggested T1000 I found here with my chip set. It can also be faster.

I think there are more variables here than I was expecting to deal with  Grin
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2017 at 02:26 »

Good luck. Just use the info on my Quick Start page - it's meant for exactly what you want to do.

If you don't have enough of one color you can make two colors the same denomination. For example "White and Red chips are both worth T5".

Play around with the Poker Chip Calculator to get the proper chip breakdown. Don't start modifying blinds schedules to suit your needs.

Good luck, nutn
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2017 at 02:32 by nutN2Lewz » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Tournament Structures  |  Poker Tournament Structures  |  Topic: Adapted T1000