Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Jun 27, 2017 at 18:29
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: 2016 Main Event  ( 2839 )
TwoToGo-Grave
Regular
: 3121

« : Oct 27, 2016 at 20:03 »

There sadly are never threads and posts anymore, really, so I wanted to make one. I've been watching the ESPN coverage for the first time in years this year (guess I picked the right year to do it) and wondered what everybody's thoughts are. Obviously, the Kassouf stuff is the most notable, but Josephy as the chip leader is amazing, and there's been a lot that's gone on, leading up to the final table this weekend. Does anybody have a thought on who will win? On who they want to win? Do people still like the act of having a November Nine, compared to just playing the whole thing in July? Is anybody going to watch a live final table? I know I plan to, but it's not easy to do, obviously.
Jambine
Global Moderator
Regular
: 5572

My Passion

« #1 : Oct 28, 2016 at 00:34 »

I have not watched any of it (except the Kassouf thing).
I really do think it was better when they went straight to the final table, instead of waiting until November

Cash game at Three Creek Ranch
hayjamawas
Regular
: 826

« #2 : Oct 28, 2016 at 12:21 »

made a post the other day on it and no one replied...lol
hayjamawas
Regular

« #3 : Oct 28, 2016 at 12:22 »

on kassouf that is
TwoToGo-Grave
Regular
: 3121

« #4 : Oct 28, 2016 at 21:42 »

made a post the other day on it and no one replied...lol
I just saw it and added a reply. I guess nobody's around to post anymore. Sad.
Dr. Neau
Regular
: 9678

Dr. Neau is a player of the pokers

« #5 : Nov 02, 2016 at 10:36 »

I really do think it was better when they went straight to the final table, instead of waiting until November

Agreed, because in those days I didn't stay up all frickin' night.

(not a real doctor)

Concentrate on winning your tournament...let Dr. Neau manage it.

http://drneau.com
Dr. Neau
Regular

« #6 : Nov 02, 2016 at 10:38 »

And Vayo played really really poorly heads up.

(not a real doctor)

hayjamawas
Regular

« #7 : Nov 02, 2016 at 20:24 »

And Vayo played really really poorly heads up.

Agreed.  I can't believe he played that timid against a laggy player
Jaxen
Regular
: 2365

« #8 : Nov 06, 2016 at 22:00 »

They start the Main Event right around 4th of July, so they get down to a Final Table around July 17, when the MLB All-Star Game is. I always thought it would be great to hold the final table on the dead day after the All-Star Game and before games start again -- the only day of the calendar year none of the 4 major sports are in season or holding a draft -- start at like 3pm (noon in Vegas) and play it all the way down.

"…if he fails, he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

-- Teddy Roosevelt
hayjamawas
Regular

« #9 : Nov 17, 2016 at 17:43 »

They start the Main Event right around 4th of July, so they get down to a Final Table around July 17, when the MLB All-Star Game is. I always thought it would be great to hold the final table on the dead day after the All-Star Game and before games start again -- the only day of the calendar year none of the 4 major sports are in season or holding a draft -- start at like 3pm (noon in Vegas) and play it all the way down.

i love this idea....ive never been on board with waiting to play the final table in november...under this scenario you can still show the table live and still would have viewers
Dr. Neau
Regular

« #10 : Nov 18, 2016 at 13:40 »

Problem is they want to televise the entire tournament in an entertaining format.  It takes time to produce that.

(not a real doctor)

: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker in the Media  |  Topic: 2016 Main Event