Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email? Mar 30, 2017 at 02:46
Login
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Username:
Password:

^ Login with username, password and session length

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: cash game  (Read 6627 times)
bully64
Player

« on: Aug 31, 2015 at 14:37 »

IF YOUR IN A CASH GAME AND YOU HAVE TO LEAVE AND YOU CASH OUT WITH SAY A 100.00 YOU DECIDE TO COME BACK AFTER A HOUR DO U START WITH THE 100.00 OR THE  REGULAR BUY IN
mike32
Regular

« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 13:13 »

I would require a player to restart with the regular buy in.
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 14:44 »

I would require a player to restart with the regular buy in.

lets use our game as an example. Tarlo has 500 bucks at 11 pm. Takes off for an hour and comes back (would never happen, but lets pretend for discussion).

Would you let him buy in for the 80, or the 500?  I think I would make it the 500. That's taking a sh%t ton of money off the table.

I'd also want a reason why a home game player is leaving for an hour. If its for the purpose of taking money off the table, then that is kind of sh%tty.

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mike32
Regular

« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2015 at 09:40 »

I guess my answer should have been it depends. If a guy we have played with for years says he has to leave for a bit that is one thing. If I suspect someone is just leaving to get their money off the table, then return later that is another. I agree with Detroitdad's example and if one of our regulars had to leave for a bit it would be no problem. In fact, they might just leave their chips on the table. That is what i would do if I knew I would be back.
Jambine
Global Moderator
Regular

My Passion

« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2015 at 10:44 »

Goin south for a while..... be right back with some of your money

Cash game at Three Creek Ranch
Nerre
Regular

« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2015 at 01:32 »

Removing money from the game to eliminate the opportunity for the other players to win it back is generally called "going south" as Jambine states or "ratholing" and is considered very bad etiquette.

I think most houses require that you buy in with the full amount if you return "the same night".

Cav57
Regular

« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2015 at 09:24 »

Bully64, What was the original buy in?

I don't host cash game, only tournaments, however if I did. 

Leave the money on the table (Secured of course)

or  you return with the money you left with. If it is less than the buy-in, that is ok too.

It is just like you had an extended restroom break.
KPrather
Regular

« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2015 at 22:02 »

IF YOUR IN A CASH GAME AND YOU HAVE TO LEAVE AND YOU CASH OUT WITH SAY A 100.00 YOU DECIDE TO COME BACK AFTER A HOUR DO U START WITH THE 100.00 OR THE  REGULAR BUY IN

Pages: [1]
Print
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Rules  |  Rules suggestions for the Poker TDA  |  Topic: cash game