Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Jun 23, 2017 at 21:51
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Quick Poker Road Trip  ( 6385 )
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13470

« : Jul 29, 2015 at 12:01 »

A quick trip report.

This is event is the 6th meet n greet that has been done at this guys place just outside of Chicago. This is for poker/poker chip enthusiasts from pokerchipforum and chiptalk.net.

This year there was approx 20 people THUR. night, 30 all day FRI and 40 all day SAT.

We leave THUR. morning and head to Three Floyds Brewery. I guess their mostly known for the craft beer "Zombie Dust".

We had a meat plate and a couple of beers 

After sampling a couple of beers and picking up a few six packs we headed out.

We played cards THUR. night until about 3 am. FRI from 1 pm - 2 am, and SAT. from Noon until 3 am.

This was double board Pot Limit Omaha. Almost all the chips in the picture were involved in the pot. Red's are five dollar chips. This was on Friday. We only played versions of Omaha the entire day. It was fricken awesome.

We were playing .25/.50 blinds. What you see in this stack is from a pot I scooped in PLO8. Crazy game, lol

Tourney starting stack. Kind of a sh%tty picture, sorry. Had already been drinking for a few hours. There were 37 people in the tourney. I took 5th for 220.

random stacks while playing

Ben built this up to around a grand in .25/.50 poker. Ended cashing for around 400 I think,

On Friday, my table only played PLO, Double Board PLO, 5 card PLO8 and SOHE

All in all it was a great Poker Party. Got to meet a few new people. Play some new games. Drink some really good whiskey/beer. At the end of the weekend I was still up a couple of hundred bucks.

Got home SUN. evening and drank a few beers with the wifey.

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TwoToGo-Grave
Regular
: 3121

« #1 : Jul 31, 2015 at 01:42 »

Wow, DD, that sounds like an awesome time. It's wonderful that you got the do that and have such a great and poker-filled time. And congrats on taking 5th in that tourney. And very cool pictures. :)
AzCat
MTPL
Regular
: 780

« #2 : Aug 07, 2015 at 22:14 »

Nice recap and great pics!

Wow, this forum is dead.

Azcat (not a real cat)
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« #3 : Aug 19, 2015 at 11:35 »

I'd do a thread for the 21 player tourney I hosted on SAT with my Zombies. With a whopping two replies it doesn't seem to be quite worth my time.

Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular
: 9536

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« #4 : Jun 22, 2017 at 09:58 »

Just saw this DD, a few months shy of two years late.  Still great pics and report.  More detail than I got when you told me about it in person.

Wedge Rock (not a real rock)

Guilty of over-using ellipses...
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« #5 : Jun 22, 2017 at 11:17 »

Paulo and I are going next month. That will be my 3rd year in a row. Its an absolute blast. Jeff is a fantastic host. I think this year a bunch of us are renting a house via airbnb about a mile from the event.

Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular
: 9536

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« #6 : Jun 22, 2017 at 12:13 »

I just got back from Chicago on Sunday.  Two hours to get through 45 miles of Indiana.

Not a fan of the drive.  Not at all.

Wedge Rock (not a real rock)

Guilty of over-using ellipses...
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: Quick Poker Road Trip