Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email? Mar 30, 2017 at 02:47
Login
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Username:
Password:

^ Login with username, password and session length

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Not a HUGE Bad Beat, but we haven't had one in a while!  (Read 7284 times)
Jaywa
Regular

« on: May 04, 2015 at 15:30 »

So I'm playing at my Brother in Law's game this weekend. It's at a Men's Club and had about 35 buy ins. Good crowd, nice people.

I'm in the cutoff and have Queen of diamonds 10 of spades. 3 players. Flop comes Queen of spades 10 of hearts 6 of clubs.

It goes Check, All-In. To call would be about 1/4-1/2 of my stack and we're before the rebuy period. I got the impression the player who checked was going to fold as he was the BB.

I call.

The All-In flips over  Ace of hearts Ace of spades. So I'm in pretty good shape.

Turn is  Jack of diamonds. River is Jack of hearts.

Couldn't believe it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015 at 12:53 by Jaywa » Logged

Smith and Wesson beats 5 of a kind.
Dr. Neau
Regular

Dr. Neau is a player of the pokers

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015 at 11:20 »

Misdeal.

But regardless, you were 3-1 after the flop and pretty much the same after the turn.

(not a real doctor)

Concentrate on winning your tournament...let Dr. Neau manage it.

http://drneau.com
Jaywa
Regular

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015 at 12:54 »

Ha, good catch. Fixed it.

Yeah had it been for my stack I would have been a little more butthurt but I feel the call was good. She slowed played the Aces but even when she pushed I was still ahead.

Smith and Wesson beats 5 of a kind.
Pages: [1]
Print
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Bad Beat Stories  |  Topic: Not a HUGE Bad Beat, but we haven't had one in a while!