Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 24, 2017 at 02:59
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Estimated time to learn?  ( 9632 )
estellegaillard3
Player
: 3

« : Oct 09, 2014 at 03:49 »

Heya,

What do you think is the estimated time to learn to shuffle like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUTSMUFqm7k
I consider myself at the moment as a bad/normal shuffler. 1000 hours of shufflin?
Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular
: 9545

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« #1 : Oct 09, 2014 at 11:57 »

At least a minute 22...

Wedge Rock (not a real rock)

Guilty of over-using ellipses...
Martini
Regular
: 9999

« #2 : Oct 09, 2014 at 12:07 »

Considering some people can't learn a basic face down card room shuffle after years of playing...

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
Nerre
Regular
: 1126

« #3 : Oct 10, 2014 at 01:25 »

That's not shuffling... that's card mechanics. Takes a lot of practice, and usually you need a very good deck (what is "good" in this case is probably not the same as "good for playing"). And when I say a lot I mean really LOTS of practice. I've tried to learn a few things, but you really need to practice several hours a day, every day, to become good at it.

And most of the stuff (if not all) is just useless showoff, like chip-riffling.

The purpose of shuffling is to get cards in random order. The purpose of a poker (or any other game) shuffle is to do it while making the players feel sure that you are not stacking.
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Rules  |  How To Shuffle  |  Topic: Estimated time to learn?