Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 24, 2017 at 02:42
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: 3/4 betting Q/A Pre-Flop :  ( 6897 )
part2daridge
Player
: 7

« : Jul 07, 2014 at 08:03 »

Havent got a example to use as i havent really been noting these kind of hands down, been discussing this with various friends and getting very mixed respones :Just want to see how other people play this hand pre-flop - This is Not a real hand just an example : - BB 0.50

HERO : BB - Q/A
 Villian : Button - Rasies to $1.50
SB : Calls $1.50
 HERO : Flat or 3 bet to roughly $4.50/$5.50 ?

For me it tends to be on how many people in the flop and how loose/tight the other players are on the table. Just wanted to see how other people play it pre flop and what may be the best route without getting to pot commited on a slighlty above average hand. Your thoughts and comments will be of great help .
TwoToGo-Grave
Regular
: 3121

« #1 : Jul 07, 2014 at 22:28 »

Depends on so many things. Mainly, what's the other player like? We assume even the most non-aggressive will normally open lighter on the button, but do you have an idea on his range? Is he a fish that you want to get in a good pot against with AQ? Also, if he's loose opening, what's his 3-bet calling range? Is he aggressive postflop, where you could trap him to a degree with a call pf? What's your 3-bet % looking like? What's his 4-bet % or range (if you can guess?)What's your general table image looking like, namely to villain? Do you have a gameplan against this guy and if so, how does 3-betting work vs. calling? Also, what are the stacks? That's very important too, of course. I imagine, particularly at what appears to be a shorthanded table, the default here would be raising but there's just not enough information to properly form a decent opinion.
Martini
Regular
: 9999

« #2 : Jul 08, 2014 at 01:35 »

I agree with what TwoToGo-Grave said. Personally I just flat there. I'm out of position and don't want to make a big pot out of AQ.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
figjam
Regular
: 155

« #3 : Jul 08, 2014 at 13:50 »

I agree with what TwoToGo-Grave said. Personally I just flat there. I'm out of position and don't want to make a big pot out of AQ.

ditto
Jaywa
Regular
: 255

« #4 : Jul 08, 2014 at 14:32 »

I agree with Flatting here. Trying a squeeze OOP is a tough play unless you have a pocket pair or really good hole cards. Raising almost forces you to continue on the flop and you're continuing into 1 or 2 players, one of which raised Pre Flop and another that called both raises. Tough play.

A flat call to me is the best bet.

Smith and Wesson beats 5 of a kind.
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13474

« #5 : Jul 08, 2014 at 18:09 »

I would most likely flat call as well. My action would mainly be dictated by my impression of the buttons image. If he is an aggressive player then I might pop it to 4-4.50

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pauld22
Regular
: 2631

« #6 : Jul 08, 2014 at 21:45 »

Playing out of position sucks in general so TTGG is right in trying to consider table dynamics.

Depending on how the game has been playing I could advocate either a raise or a call.

Some people are like slinkies.  Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: 3/4 betting Q/A Pre-Flop :