Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:27
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Thoughts on min. max. buy ins for a .50/1.00 No Limit Hold 'em  ( 2463 )
ronzo
Player
: 8

« : Feb 14, 2013 at 01:57 »

Just thought i would ask for some feedback on a buy in minimum and maximum. most part a friendly game. and thoughts on short buy when a player is felted.

And thoughts on a taking a voluntary rake once a round of .50c for a high hand micro jack pot for $h!ts an gigs.
to qualify for the high hand player must be in the game meaning they cant be busted out when its time for the winner to claim. player must use at least one card. and players can not pass on any of the collection rounds or they forfeit the chance to win that hours high hand.
Martini
Regular
: 9999

« #1 : Feb 14, 2013 at 02:11 »

100xBB is pretty standard though you could allow shorter buys as well. My group likes to play deep so the default buy is generally 200xBB.

I don't see an issue with offering a $50 to $200 buy in. Anyone who wants to just buy in for $100 is still welcome to do so. By the end of the night stacks will probably be around that deep anyway.

If you want to do a micro jackpot I would just have people pay in when they sit down at the table. Trying to pull off a rake is just asking for mistakes to happen. And if you have a rotating deal then it's going to get even messier.

Personally I prefer Bad Beat Jackpots to High Hand because the person who won the HH obviously already won the hand as well. BBJs also eliminate the issue of whether the hands need to get to showdown or not. I also prefer that two cards play and a Pocket Pair must be held for Quads. Otherwise you get a board running AAA A 2 and the guy holding a random K scoops a jackpot? No thanks.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
Dr. Neau
Regular
: 9678

Dr. Neau is a player of the pokers

« #2 : Feb 14, 2013 at 12:50 »

My $0.50/$0.50 PLO8bwDBEHOTH is min $50 max $100.

(not a real doctor)

Concentrate on winning your tournament...let Dr. Neau manage it.

http://drneau.com
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13474

« #3 : Feb 14, 2013 at 12:53 »

I'm hosting one next FRI. Our buy in is 50 to 100 for NLHE/PLO round by round

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bollo
Player
: 7

« #4 : Feb 14, 2013 at 22:31 »

I run a friendly neighborhood game which played $.50/$1 and I have a max $100 buy-in and players can rebuy up to $100 anytime. I have never has a min buy-in.  We have switched to $1/$1 to eliminate the $.50 chips and I do not think the game has changed much.  I think most players bring 3 buy-in and we average about 1 1/2 buy-ins per player.
ronzo
Player
: 8

« #5 : Feb 16, 2013 at 01:59 »

much appreciated
R-Ho
Regular
: 2839

« #6 : Mar 07, 2013 at 20:40 »

One group I played with set a minimum $5 buy-in in a 10c, 20c NLHE cash game. I've stopped attending because that small multiple (25 x bb) caused a predominance of  'fold or all-in' style of play.
Dr. Neau
Regular
: 9678

Dr. Neau is a player of the pokers

« #7 : Mar 07, 2013 at 20:45 »

One group I played with set a minimum $5 buy-in in a 10c, 20c NLHE cash game. I've stopped attending because that small multiple (25 x bb) caused a predominance of  'fold or all-in' style of play.

BTW, You interested in the PLO8b?  I don't know if I had you on the list or not...

(not a real doctor)

Concentrate on winning your tournament...let Dr. Neau manage it.

http://drneau.com
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: Thoughts on min. max. buy ins for a .50/1.00 No Limit Hold 'em