Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:30
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Big Cooler Last Night  ( 1813 )
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13474

« : Jan 07, 2012 at 18:10 »

Played in a home game last night. Fun group of guys. Low stakes, .25/.50 blinds, with a max 50 buy in.

I'm on my second buy in, and I've taken it up to about 80 bucks.

I'm dealt pocket Q's. I bet pre flop, get a few callers. The flop comes.

Q, 7, 7.

Wow.........great f$%king flop for me. 

Bad player bets about 10 bucks. I raise to 25. He thinks for a second, pushes all in. He has me covered. I call, and don't even think about it.

He of course rolls over 7, 7............:facepalm:

If I hadn't lost all my money in that hand, I would have played it badly.

by the end of the night I still made 105.00's profit.

We got mixed up in a PLO Hi/Lo hand that had all four all ins. I took the low, my buddy took the high. The total pot was worth about 400

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martini
Regular
: 9999

« #1 : Jan 08, 2012 at 13:14 »

That hand is probably playing itself out the same way regardless since it's just too easy for him to have any Seven in that spot. But I have to give credit to villain for playing it so fast unless he actually is that bad of a player in which case he just lucked into playing it that way.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« #2 : Jan 08, 2012 at 14:59 »

That hand is probably playing itself out the same way regardless since it's just too easy for him to have any Seven in that spot. But I have to give credit to villain for playing it so fast unless he actually is that bad of a player in which case he just lucked into playing it that way.

I completely agree. All the money was getting in. I would consider myself a bad player if I didn't lose my stack on this hand, lol.

He is a horrible player. As bad of a player that I have played against in a long time. I've played with guys that have pure aggression, but they knew what they were doing. He took his initial 50 buy in up to about 200. Then lost it all, and re bought at least 5-6 more times.

just fyi, this wasn't posted as bad beat or something. This was just my definition of a cooler, lol. I haven't been involved in two big "flopped" hands like this in a long time.

~A5S-fixed the quote
« : Jan 08, 2012 at 17:58 austin5string »

stooks99
Regular
: 1485

« #3 : Jan 08, 2012 at 21:41 »

Easy bet/fold.

When you kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.  -- Winston Churchill

www.deadmoneypoker.webs.com
blindman
Regular
: 306

« #4 : Jan 13, 2012 at 13:39 »

Now that was a good read! Ya got the bad beat out there, and still finished a winner at the end of the night! I usually host a .25/.50 game at my house, but the guys seem to like buying in for $30.00. instead of the $50.00. Then they rebuy about 10 times! LOL! Not kidding, one fella lost over $300.00 last weekend! This weekends game will be mild, the wild players will not be here! Well sure glad ya had a good time, and made some cash!!! Cheers!

1) In God we trust, all others must pay cash.
2) Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« #5 : Jan 13, 2012 at 14:17 »

I'm on a really good win streak in our local cash games over the last 8 months. I've cleared a little over a grand. Now if I could only figure out a way to cash in a tourney...........

: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: Big Cooler Last Night