Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:41
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Successful  ( 1518 )
BigPair88
Player
: 58

« : May 21, 2011 at 21:28 »

We just had out 3rd cash game last night after playing tournament structure for years. We had a great showing, 10 players with quite the ecclectic collection ranging from a buddy who is a TD to friends who got a crash course in Hold-em 30 minutes prior to kick-off. Very small stakes to keep everyone comfortable, .10/.20 blinds with $10 minumum buyin and $20 maximum buyin. More than 50% bought in for $20 and of those who bought in for $10, a couple rebought (is that even a word?) in for another $10. We only played for about 3 1/2 hours cuz most had to work early today and others were just plain old. Personally, I had minimal success with premium hands holding up post-flop due to sucky boards, but what can you do. At the end of the night I was up 20%, which while it was a disappointment that I didn't make more, I was happy to finish the night on a positive note.

I ordered labels with cash denominations specifically for this game to ease the transition from toury to cash game. While playing on the table that I built using this website as a step-by-step guide (pictures to follow soon), I am anxiously awaiting my new decks of Copag Aldravas to arrive from Mr. Postman.

As soon as I can figure out how to get pics downloaded, I will share those of my beloved table top, my new labeled chips and my new fancy-smancy cards.

Until then, keep pushing the action.......

He should have paid me off on that one......
NotFadeAway
Regular
: 4493

4 8 15 16 23 42

« #1 : Jun 01, 2011 at 12:09 »

Congrats on the successful game, and congrats on profiting.  I mean, even a small profit is better than a loss.   :)

Take my love.  Take my land.  Take me where I cannot stand.  I don't care.  I'm still free.  You can't take the sky from me.
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: Successful