Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:43
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Missing Blinds  ( 2868 )
BigPair88
Player
: 58

« : Apr 09, 2011 at 15:32 »

OK. Here is the cash game scenario. A player is away from the table and the blinds come around to them. The dealer (or table) makes note that they missed their big and small blind. When they return to the table, do they post both the missed big AND small blind and play the next hand dealt? Or can they wait until the big blind comes around to them again and not pay the "back owed blinds"? Also, what if they missed two rounds of blinds? Do they pay one round or two?
I forget how the ruling goes so I am not going to speculate at all at this juncture.
Thank you for any and all input...

He should have paid me off on that one......
Martini
Regular
: 9999

« #1 : Apr 09, 2011 at 18:06 »

Assuming this is a cash game, if the player missed both blinds then they can either:

Post both blinds, the BB is live and the SB goes in the middle and is dead, or
Wait until the BB comes around then just pay the BB

A player only needs to pay one set of missed blinds no matter how many orbits were missed.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
BigPair88
Player

« #2 : Apr 09, 2011 at 21:53 »

Excellent. Thanx

Nerre
Regular
: 1126

« #3 : Apr 11, 2011 at 02:23 »

Just think of the blinds as a "fee" to play an orbit. If you haven't paid the blinds you can't play the current orbit.

This applies both to players away from the table as well as new players sitting down.

The only exception to this rule of thumb is when you start a new game.
Martini
Regular

« #4 : Apr 11, 2011 at 10:58 »

Just think of the blinds as a "fee" to play an orbit. If you haven't paid the blinds you can't play the current orbit.

This applies both to players away from the table as well as new players sitting down.

The only exception to this rule of thumb is when you start a new game.

It should be noted that not all venues have new players post though it is usually the case.

Nerre
Regular
: 1126

« #5 : Apr 12, 2011 at 01:23 »

It should be noted that not all venues have new players post though it is usually the case.

But that's the rule according to RR :)

BigPair88
Player

« #6 : Jun 11, 2011 at 17:02 »

What if the player misses the BB and sits down as the SB?

Martini
Regular

« #7 : Jun 11, 2011 at 17:38 »

What if the player misses the BB and sits down as the SB?

Generally speaking, you can't sit down in the SB when you're new to the table. You'll typically have to wait until the blinds pass your position before you can take a hand.

If the player is returning and would be the SB then he can "buy the button" (see http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archives/angelo07.htm for more info on that).

: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: Missing Blinds