Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:33
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: German beerstein and poker night!  ( 2229 )
blindman
Regular
: 306

« : Mar 14, 2010 at 14:37 »

I decided to bid at an auction on an old German beerstein and and old gas lamp. I ened up winning both bids! I was one happy camper! So I headed off to the beer store, picked up 4 beer, and rushed home to clean up the stein. It was made in the early 60s', and was in great shape, other than the inside was full of tiny spider web type cracks in the finish that is normal in any old porcelin type mugs. After cleaning it up, the phone rang, and a friend down the road invited me over for a night of poker! Things couldn't be better! Off I went with my 4 beer, and stein in hand! I ended the night up in poker and half corked from the beer! Life is good! I noticed today the old gas lamp has never been used, and all in original condition. I think I will try finding some gas, and take it and the old beerstiein with me camping this summer! I just feel like a kid at Christmas right now!  ;D

1) In God we trust, all others must pay cash.
2) Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
kimert
Regular
: 804

« #1 : Mar 14, 2010 at 15:35 »

Happy for you, sounds like you had a great day :)

Never tried to drink out of a beerstein before, but if I get the chance I will not say no^^
blindman
Regular

« #2 : Mar 14, 2010 at 15:57 »

Happy for you, sounds like you had a great day :)

Never tried to drink out of a beerstein before, but if I get the chance I will not say no^^
Just be careful if you do get a chance! They really make the beer taste better, and go down much faster than any other type of beer mug I have ever used before! The best part is the lid that will keep those pesky bugs out of my beer while camping! ;D C'mon summer!

murrman
Regular
: 1958

CC&GTCC R-7871

« #3 : Mar 14, 2010 at 16:16 »

Congrats! Sounds like a great pick-up. Got any pictures of either items?

What happens if you're scared half to death, twice?
blindman
Regular

« #4 : Mar 15, 2010 at 18:31 »

I am soon to pick up a digital camera, and I will post pics of my chips, that should have been posted month's ago, along with my new finds! Cheers Mur!

Milo
Regular
: 1862

Money is bisexual

« #5 : Mar 16, 2010 at 21:44 »

I got a pewter beer mug years ago.  For good beers, I break it out.  I am going to have an Ola Dubh in the not too distant future in my mug in honour of your wins.  I highly recommend this beer, if price is not an issue for you

TANSTAAFL
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: German beerstein and poker night!