Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Jun 23, 2017 at 02:42
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Dealing in Razz  ( 5188 )
Eralis
Regular
: 705

« : Mar 07, 2010 at 19:41 »

How does the dealing go when you are playing Razz? You still have a button, and after the 3 cards are dealt, the action has taken place, and it's time for 4th street, do you burn, and then deal cards, or is there no burn? I've only played Razz online, so I have no idea.

There is the rest of the world,
and then there is me

-Phil Hellmuth
holdemholmes
Regular
: 1889

« #1 : Mar 07, 2010 at 19:50 »

If you were playing razz only, there would be no button. The only reason you would see it online is if you were playing HORSE or another mixed game and they keep the button on the table from the Omaha or Holdem Rounds. I've always seen it dealt just like stud or stud hi-low, where you would deal 3, burn, deal 4th st, burn deal 5th st, burn, deal 6th st, burn, deal the river (7th st.).

"...she set you up with the old check and raise...."
Eralis
Regular

« #2 : Mar 07, 2010 at 19:56 »

Isn't there a button? The 3 first cards are standard dealing starting from the left of the dealer, and going around?

and then there is me

-Phil Hellmuth
Martini
Regular
: 9999

« #3 : Mar 07, 2010 at 20:42 »

Button is irrelevant in Stud games since action is dictated by the upcards. In mixed games it may travel to keep track of the orbit but it isn't necessary.

As I recall, someone from another thread said they didn't use to burn cards in Stud games but now they do. I burn cards in Stud games for the same reason that I do in flop games.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
holdemholmes
Regular

« #4 : Mar 07, 2010 at 20:57 »

Button is irrelevant in Stud games since action is dictated by the upcards. In mixed games it may travel to keep track of the orbit but it isn't necessary.

As I recall, someone from another thread said they didn't use to burn cards in Stud games but now they do. I burn cards in Stud games for the same reason that I do in flop games.

x2......I think the burning is really personal preference, but I have always done it. Like Martini said, the button does not matter. In razz, the bring in is the highest up card, and then from there the lowest ranking hand acts first.

sharkyspoker
Regular
: 691

« #5 : Mar 08, 2010 at 12:45 »

You do burn a card between streets in razz and stud games. The button is purely to identify position based on there being a dedicated dealer. If you were rotating dealers then the button would not matter.

Sharky

Anyone can pee on the floor, be a hero and poop on the ceiling.
Eralis
Regular

« #6 : Mar 08, 2010 at 13:16 »

Thanks for all your replies. Now I know the basics of dealing. Then I have to teach my uncle the basics. And then I can take all his money in Razz.

and then there is me

-Phil Hellmuth
holdemholmes
Regular

« #7 : Mar 08, 2010 at 13:24 »

Thanks for all your replies. Now I know the basics of dealing. Then I have to teach my uncle the basics. And then I can take all his money in Razz.

Taking money from family members? That's not nice... ;D

I like playing Razz, but its tough to find others that will play it...

Eralis
Regular

« #8 : Mar 08, 2010 at 19:52 »

I like playing Razz, but its tough to find others that will play it...

We play heads up and Chinese Poker all the time. And we've bet on who dies first in a random movie. It's kinda fun.

and then there is me

-Phil Hellmuth
redcard71
Player
: 87

"Victoria Concordia Crescit" Go Gunners

« #9 : Mar 11, 2010 at 22:02 »

As Jack Strauss was reputed to say: "I'd bust my own grandmother if she played poker with me."

My own grandmother, gone these many long years, would be nothing less than p$%ed off at me if she ever thought I slow-played her, whether at stud, gin or scrabble.  ;)

As far as razz goes, I'm in the same situation as Holmes... I think it's a great game, but no one in my group wants to give it a go.

: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Rules  |  How To Shuffle  |  Topic: Dealing in Razz