Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:27
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: How much?  ( 4030 )
holdemholmes
Regular
: 1889

« : Jan 11, 2010 at 22:26 »

This is a topic I have not seen mentioned on here and has come up in discussion between me and a friend a few times lately. I was wonder when it comes to Limit Hold'em cash games, what is a good 'average amount' you should make? For example...how many big bets per hour should you be profiting, or is there some other measurement to go by?

"...she set you up with the old check and raise...."
luckystraights
Regular
: 3161

« #1 : Jan 11, 2010 at 23:47 »

I've always heard 1 to 2 big bets per hour as standard, I'm not sure on how much what level u play at will effect this though. Obviously you'll get a lower win rate at $3/$6 limit then u will at 1c/2c limit, but  I don't know if you'll get such huge variation like u can in nl.

I believe playing professionally by mark blade covers this in depth.

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Poker-Essential-Playing-Living/dp/0976595788/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263268013&sr=8-1
Jambine
Global Moderator
Regular
: 5574

My Passion

« #2 : Jan 11, 2010 at 23:55 »

I've been playing, almost exclusively, limit cash poker for many years.  I'd say I average 1-3 big bets per hour, if the game is moving at a good pace (minimum 20-30 hands per hour)

Cash game at Three Creek Ranch
holdemholmes
Regular

« #3 : Jan 12, 2010 at 00:22 »

awesome...thanks for the info.

holdemholmes
Regular

« #4 : Mar 17, 2010 at 17:16 »

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but the question was posed to me regarding how much this would change if you were multi-tabling. For example, if you were playing 6 tables of limit, what would you expect the change to be in the bb per hour per table versus playing 1 table?

austin5string
Global Moderator
Regular
: 8206

« #5 : Mar 17, 2010 at 17:32 »

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but the question was posed to me regarding how much this would change if you were multi-tabling. For example, if you were playing 6 tables of limit, what would you expect the change to be in the bb per hour per table versus playing 1 table?

Why wouldn't you just multiply it by the number of tables? 

Dude is definitely weird.. If it's a bot, it's a pretty good one..  If it's a person, it's a pretty bad one.. LOL
Martini
Regular
: 9999

« #6 : Mar 17, 2010 at 18:24 »

Agreed. I've always heard 2 big bets per hour as the standard benchmark. Multitabling I would say slightly less than # tables x your earn at one table due to being able to pay less attention to the players and having to just play your cards more. I'd *guess* from 70%-95% of a one table earn depending on how many tables you're running assuming ALL other things being equal. I know that some players get bored playing too few tables then start playing too many hands and decrease their earn rate because of it.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
holdemholmes
Regular

« #7 : Mar 17, 2010 at 18:29 »

Cool.....thanks for the input.

: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: How much?