Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:41
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Finally had a winning session  ( 2876 )
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13474

« : Jun 22, 2009 at 21:11 »

Its been awhile since I finished on the positive side of things in a poker game, cash or tourney.

I got back from PA on SUN. and headed to the local Bowling Alley where I have been fairly successful. I bought in for 100, cashed for something like 160. I played for 3 hours, was pretty much card dead. I made most of my money on two bluffs.

I played again tonight. This time for 2.5 hours. Bought in for 100 again, cashed out for 180. I know its not much, but damn its nice to leave with money in your pocket.

In the first 90 minutes I flopped two straights, and trips. All garbage cards. The table enjoyed seeing the flop cheap, and I took advantage of it.

I should have left with 230, but chased a flush/straight on the last hand. It cost me 50 bucks.

B

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dugthefish
Regular
: 215

You smell like my dad...CHEERS!!!

« #1 : Jun 22, 2009 at 22:23 »

congrats.  here's to warming back up ;D

dug was here -------------------------> X
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« #2 : Jun 23, 2009 at 07:05 »

SUN. night when I was playing it was probably the best table I have seen there. I think there were 4 of us that knew what we were doing. Two of them were kids (early 20's) who loved to analyze hands. I think they were both in college, math kids. Spitting out all kinds of numbers and percentages and stuff. I like playing the "math guys". If you screw with their numbers you can take down some pots. I unfortunately didn't get many opportunities.

On the button, I look down at  kclubs jspades. It had limped to me (1/2 blinds). The other three players and two more all limped. I don't really like this hand, but I feel its time to do something. I had been folding for awhile. I make it 10 bucks. . The two Blinds fold (which I expected, they were very tight players). The three other solid players call, the other two fold. Its a 4 way pot with about 50 bucks in it.

The flop brings  kspades 8spades 2spades. It checks to me. I had seen a guy in the hand check raise twice with the nuts, or close to it. This board is offering up a big hand. I check. In hindsight, prolly a bad play, but its what I did.

The Turn brings a low red card. It checks to me again. Now I have to bet, and think I have the best hand. I throw out $40's. It folds around and I take the pot.

The two math kids spit out what they think I had. They were both wrong of course. For the next two hands they were haggling a side bet to find out what I had. They agree to a side bet on my hole cards. Then they ask me, what did you have, we have a bet on it. I of course, trying to oblige, state "whats in it for me". They absolutely looked baffled. The one kids says he will pay me a dollar. I inform him that my rate to show my cards is 10% of the pot, $5's is close enough. He asks the other kid to pay half, and they could see my cards. I corrected him and say 5 bucks a piece, lol...........The rest of the table busted out laughing. I never told them.

30 minutes later I push some guy out of a pot with ace high, he asks what I had, I flip my cards up. The two math kids damn near went into an uproar. Asked why I showed him and not them. I simply said because I liked this guy better.

B

heyitscorey
Player
: 5

« #3 : Jun 23, 2009 at 20:24 »

haha w2g
blindman
Regular
: 306

« #4 : Jul 20, 2009 at 12:22 »

Sounds like you had a great time! Congrats on your win too!

1) In God we trust, all others must pay cash.
2) Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
kimert
Regular
: 804

« #5 : Jul 20, 2009 at 15:05 »

lol sounds like you had a good time. At some point I wish I could come to the US and play a live game with you guys.
sleepyEDB
Player
: 46

*yawn*

« #6 : Mar 11, 2010 at 13:45 »

The two math kids spit out what they think I had. They were both wrong of course. For the next two hands they were haggling a side bet to find out what I had. They agree to a side bet on my hole cards. Then they ask me, what did you have, we have a bet on it. I of course, trying to oblige, state "whats in it for me". They absolutely looked baffled. The one kids says he will pay me a dollar. I inform him that my rate to show my cards is 10% of the pot, $5's is close enough. He asks the other kid to pay half, and they could see my cards. I corrected him and say 5 bucks a piece, lol...........The rest of the table busted out laughing. I never told them.

30 minutes later I push some guy out of a pot with ace high, he asks what I had, I flip my cards up. The two math kids damn near went into an uproar. Asked why I showed him and not them. I simply said because I liked this guy better.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread since I'm not sure if that's taboo around here (is it?) but I have to say that this is great.  I love that they were surprised you wanted something out of the deal. :D

sleepy

'The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too.  So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you.'  -- Bob Marley
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« #7 : Mar 11, 2010 at 16:35 »

Where about in Detroit are you at? East, West, ect......

I'm taking my son to Slows next Month (before a Tigers game).

You host at all?

chips?  cards? table? pictures? hot wife/GF?

sleepyEDB
Player
: 46

*yawn*

« #8 : Mar 11, 2010 at 20:17 »

Where about in Detroit are you at? East, West, ect......

Northern Suburbs...12 Mile & Woodward area.

I'm taking my son to Slows next Month (before a Tigers game).

Nice!  I've never been there before a game, but every time I have been there, it's been packed.

You host at all?  chips?  cards? table? pictures?

I've never hosted, sorry.  I'm not against the idea, but I don't have any poker equipment other than the standard '400 chip WSOP dice' chips and a few decks of cards...I don't even have a fold-up table cover!   :P

hot wife/GF?

The hot GF recently became the hot wife, but no pics.   ;)

sleepy

'The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too.  So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you.'  -- Bob Marley
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: Finally had a winning session