Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:39
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Prop bet question.  ( 1647 )
Magoddi
Regular
: 454

« : Jun 01, 2009 at 00:39 »

When playing the pick two numbers Ace through King and if they both come on the flop everyone throws you a buck game (cash game).  When a player is not at the table with no cards dealt and their prop hits, do they get the money?  One of the rules was that the dealer was not allowed to point out if you hit or not and that you were responsible for announcing that you hit. Also, if someone hits and your away from the table with no card dealt to you,  do still owe when you return to your seat. 

1. My opinion is that if you hit and you weren't dealt in and away from the table too bad.

2. If you are away from the table and someone else hits  you should have to pay the prop when you return...just like if you miss a blind you should have to post when yo get back.

Thoughts?
Martini
Regular
: 9999

« #1 : Jun 01, 2009 at 01:09 »

When playing the pick two numbers Ace through King and if they both come on the flop everyone throws you a buck game (cash game).  When a player is not at the table with no cards dealt and their prop hits, do they get the money?  One of the rules was that the dealer was not allowed to point out if you hit or not and that you were responsible for announcing that you hit. Also, if someone hits and your away from the table with no card dealt to you,  do still owe when you return to your seat. 

1. My opinion is that if you hit and you weren't dealt in and away from the table too bad.

2. If you are away from the table and someone else hits  you should have to pay the prop when you return...just like if you miss a blind you should have to post when yo get back.

Thoughts?

I'm not a fan of prop bets since it just slows down the game. And if you are paying off prop bets with chips then you can have issues with someone being all in pre-flop then hitting their cards on the Flop. Does the money that they collect or owe get included in the all-in as well?

That said, if you're going to play it just be consistent about what constitutes being involved in the prop bet. I'd go with something definitive like saying that if someone has chips on the table (or playing behind) then they are eligible to win and need to pay if someone else hits.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13474

« #2 : Jun 01, 2009 at 07:27 »

I agree with Martini, you shouldn't be paying off the prop bets with chips from your chip stack. When we do this, we buy in with separate chips and those are the payoffs for the prop betting.

To answer your question, if your not at the table, you don't get paid off for when your prop cards hit. You can't win a pot when your not at the table, why should it be different.

Yes, I also think you should have to pay the prop whether your at the table or not.

B

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: Prop bet question.