Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:28
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: limping... high staks vs micro's  ( 2669 )
luckystraights
Regular
: 3161

« : May 04, 2009 at 22:25 »

A 2p2 thread discussing why "pro's" limp, yet micro players are advised not to, thought this might be of interest to some.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78/micro-stakes-full-ring/everybody-say-dont-open-limp-but-pro-keep-doing-473492/
kimert
Regular
: 804

« #1 : May 05, 2009 at 03:36 »

I liked this sentence:
( venice10  ) " In general in the micros, playing the most optimal solution (assuming you'll never play another hand of poker again) is the right play. As things move higher, it gets more murky. "

Edit: Btw, Lucky, how is .10/.25 treating you?
« : May 05, 2009 at 03:40 kimert »
luckystraights
Regular

« #2 : May 05, 2009 at 07:57 »

Its murky :p

Its a really odd limit from what I've seen, people love to call down post flop but seem to hate stacking off pre-flop, I expected a big change in skill, but IMO the 10nl regs are way better then anyone I've seen so far.

At 10nl the regs play back at you, so far at 25nl they just fold pre or raise 10% of the time or whatever, as for everyone else you still get people calling your UTG raise with A4o, etc so still very fishy.

I've been really distracted with uni at the moment so I haven't gotten in as much play as I would usually, only 750 hands so far this month!
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13474

« #3 : May 05, 2009 at 10:49 »

Lucky, I agree with your assessment of the .10/.25 NLHE. The play is a lot tighter, but not "better" than the .05/.10 games. However, I have played the PL .10/.25 game which is a ton better. I recommend that you give it a try.

Of all the stakes I have played online. I made the most money (and lost the most  money) playing .25/.50 NLHE. I did have the most fun at these stakes as well.

Give PL NLHE a try. I think you will enjoy it better.

B

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kimert
Regular
: 804

« #4 : May 05, 2009 at 12:28 »

Its murky :p

Its a really odd limit from what I've seen, people love to call down post flop but seem to hate stacking off pre-flop, I expected a big change in skill, but IMO the 10nl regs are way better then anyone I've seen so far.

At 10nl the regs play back at you, so far at 25nl they just fold pre or raise 10% of the time or whatever, as for everyone else you still get people calling your UTG raise with A4o, etc so still very fishy.

I've been really distracted with uni at the moment so I haven't gotten in as much play as I would usually, only 750 hands so far this month!

Agree, the skill level is no higher than at the 10nl tables. Play the same game you did at 10nl and you will make money.

Only time I tried PL is when  I sat down by mistake, freaked out cause I was tying to go all in but couldnt :)
Guess Ill have to give it a go and see how it is.
luckystraights
Regular

« #5 : May 05, 2009 at 13:40 »

B

I kept finding myself on PL tables by mistake and that really started to bug me... I've been trying to avoid it as I didn't want to think about adjusting my game whilst I was still getting used to the new bet sizing.

I've played maybe 70 hands by accident lol, and I agree the games are very loose.
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13474

« #6 : May 05, 2009 at 13:56 »

B

I kept finding myself on PL tables by mistake and that really started to bug me... I've been trying to avoid it as I didn't want to think about adjusting my game whilst I was still getting used to the new bet sizing.

I've played maybe 70 hands by accident lol, and I agree the games are very loose.

I just noticed I put Pot Limit No Limit.......lol

A tag approach to the PL HOldem games can be very profitable (if your patience/I'm not).

If you think that is loose, try the PL 08 .10/.25 games.................WHOOOOOOOOOOOOTT  Crazy Train!!!!

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
luckystraights
Regular

« #7 : May 05, 2009 at 14:25 »

I don't think I could play tight, I like my red line too much lol
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: limping... high staks vs micro's