Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 20, 2017 at 03:39
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: heads up cash question?  ( 4234 )
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular
: 13474

« : Dec 14, 2008 at 14:12 »

Blinds .25, .50.

Position

Me---SB
Eric- BB

Pre-flop-It folds to me, I bet 1.75. BB calls. Flop comes out (cards are irrelevant, I missed the board though). I check, the BB bets 4 bucks.

Were heads up. I tell Eric that if he only bet three I would call. He says I will pull 1 dollar back. I say go ahead. He does, and I call.

Opinions? is that allowed?

Not that it matters, the Turn brought garbage, I check raised the hand and won (I have a history with this guy, I'm in his head reallllllllly bad). I have felted him several times in cash games over the last year. I had already done it one tonight.

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martini
Regular
: 9999

« #1 : Dec 14, 2008 at 14:28 »

Cash game rules allow for a lot of stuff. I think that if it were between just two players then I would allow it but ask people to not do it because I think it can lead to confusion later. For instance, if there are three people in the hand and Player A bets big, Player B folds, then Player C says "If you cut your bet in half then I'll call." Player A does it and Player B says that he would have called that amount. Messy. Just makes my job easier to not have that stuff going on but in the end it would be no different than the two players agreeing that the original bettor would get a buck back out of the pot if he loses which would be the same end result.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« #2 : Dec 14, 2008 at 14:30 »

Cash game rules allow for a lot of stuff. I think that if it were between just two players then I would allow it but ask people to not do it because I think it can lead to confusion later. For instance, if there are three people in the hand and Player A bets big, Player B folds, then Player C says "If you cut your bet in half then I'll call." Player A does it and Player B says that he would have called that amount. Messy. Just makes my job easier to not have that stuff going on but in the end it would be no different than the two players agreeing that the original bettor would get a buck back out of the pot if he loses which would be the same end result.

Anything more than heads up and I wouldn't participate/instigate something like this.

Martini
Regular

« #3 : Dec 14, 2008 at 15:02 »

Anything more than heads up and I wouldn't participate/instigate something like this.

My original point was that allowing it could lead to confusion later. But as long as we're talking about it, if the action started and ended as three handed then why not allow it if everyone agrees? Again, I'm not in favor of stuff like this but what argument applies for letting two people do it that doesn't apply to three people doing it as long as everyone is OK with it?

R-Ho
Regular
: 2839

« #4 : Jan 11, 2009 at 20:34 »

...I check, the BB bets 4 bucks.

We're heads up. I tell Eric that if he only bet three I would call. He says I will pull 1 dollar back. I say go ahead. He does, and I call.

No, I would not allow it if more than two players are in the game.

R-Ho
« : Jan 11, 2009 at 21:19 R-Ho »
William
Regular
: 2303

Bloody Marvellous

« #5 : Apr 05, 2009 at 00:43 »

Blinds .25, .50.

Position

Me---SB
Eric- BB

Pre-flop-It folds to me, I bet 1.75. BB calls. Flop comes out (cards are irrelevant, I missed the board though). I check, the BB bets 4 bucks.

Were heads up. I tell Eric that if he only bet three I would call. He says I will pull 1 dollar back. I say go ahead. He does, and I call.

Not that it matters, the Turn brought garbage, I check raised the hand and won (I have a history with this guy, I'm in his head reallllllllly bad). I have felted him several times in cash games over the last year. I had already done it one tonight.

I know it has nothing to do with the original question, but...

If it's headsup and you were the SB, wouldn't you be the first to act before the flop, and Eric be the first to act on the remaining betting rounds?

I'll play you in any game you name for any amount you can count.
DJFaight
Regular
: 413

« #6 : Apr 05, 2009 at 09:12 »

Blinds .25, .50.

Position

Me---SB
Eric- BB

Pre-flop-It folds to me, I bet 1.75. BB calls.

I know it has nothing to do with the original question, but...

If it's headsup and you were the SB, wouldn't you be the first to act before the flop, and Eric be the first to act on the remaining betting rounds?

They werent playing heads up, just ended up heads up on that hand cause everyone else folded
« : Apr 05, 2009 at 09:14 DJFaight »
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« #7 : Apr 05, 2009 at 09:32 »

[/quote]

They werent playing heads up, just ended up heads up on that hand cause everyone else folded
[/quote]

Correct

doc
Regular
: 1521

« #8 : Apr 15, 2009 at 03:13 »

no.

doc
deacon_bluez
Player
: 71

« #9 : May 06, 2009 at 10:40 »

My original point was that allowing it could lead to confusion later. But as long as we're talking about it, if the action started and ended as three handed then why not allow it if everyone agrees? Again, I'm not in favor of stuff like this but what argument applies for letting two people do it that doesn't apply to three people doing it as long as everyone is OK with it?

Allowing this 3-way can create all sorts of problems. A prime example is if two of the three seem to be close friends and very informal. The third is more of a by-the-book player and maybe doesn't know the others well, is playing in this particular game for the first time, and so on. He could feel pressured to agree to something he doesn't really want to. Go along to get along should not be a part of poker, imo.
Martini
Regular

« #10 : May 06, 2009 at 11:16 »

Allowing this 3-way can create all sorts of problems. A prime example is if two of the three seem to be close friends and very informal. The third is more of a by-the-book player and maybe doesn't know the others well, is playing in this particular game for the first time, and so on. He could feel pressured to agree to something he doesn't really want to. Go along to get along should not be a part of poker, imo.

Wouldn't he feel the same pressure if he were heads up and just one person proposed a similar offer as in the OP?

: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  General Poker Discussion  |  Poker Ring Games (Cash Games)  |  Topic: heads up cash question?