Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email? Mar 01, 2017 at 16:04
Login
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Username:
Password:

^ Login with username, password and session length

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need an emergency cut card??  (Read 3641 times)
chipsin
Regular

« on: Nov 09, 2008 at 18:12 »

I was at a buddies house the other night playing cards.For some reason he couldn't find the plastic cut cards he has.Someone asked what we could use for a cut card.I suggested taking the 2 jokers and putting them back to back then carefully taping them together.It worked out quite well for an emergency fix to the problem.The only real issue was CAREFULLY and NEATLY taping them together.And, of coarse at the end of the night while putting everything away we found the real cut cards.

This little trick may help some night,it did for us. Cool Cool

When peope ask what i was holdin, I always tellem the truth,  \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"2 Cards\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"l
HarveyWallbanger
Regular

Jimmy "the cab driver" McBride

« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2008 at 11:25 »

thanks, this has been mentioned before but is still a good option if you don't have a plastic card handy.

it stays neater if you don't tape around the very corners.  just go along the 4 sides & make it tight.

....it's like going crazy, when you're already nuts.
Nerre
Regular

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2008 at 15:04 »

I've made all my cut cards by laminating heavier paper and cutting to size. You don't get round corners unless you get yourself a corner cutter, but I think it works good.
William
Regular

Bloody Marvellous

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2008 at 15:12 »

Sounds nice, let's you customize your cutcards with your own logos as well.

Not exactly an emergency cut card though
"I forgot to bring my cutcard, did anyone happen to bring a laminator?" Wink

I'll play you in any game you name for any amount you can count.
sharkyspoker
Regular

« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2008 at 16:32 »

The other thing you can do is just take one joker from another deck that has a contrasting color on the back and use that as the cut card. The different color will prevent it from getting mixed in and you don't have to deal with the tape.

Sharky

Anyone can pee on the floor, be a hero and poop on the ceiling.
Nerre
Regular

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 11:59 »

Not exactly an emergency cut card though
"I forgot to bring my cutcard, did anyone happen to bring a laminator?" Wink

Good point, but it makes it easier to turn "my cut card" into "one of my cut cards". I keep one cut card with each deck. So two for a setup. (I normally put the cut card between the jokers and the rest of the deck.) Since I have decks of slightly different sizes (three different) I can't use the same cut card for all decks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Rules  |  How To Shuffle  |  Topic: Need an emergency cut card??