Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email? Apr 27, 2017 at 14:32
Login
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Username:
Password:

^ Login with username, password and session length

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What chips to use for rebuys?  (Read 3762 times)
William
Regular

Bloody Marvellous

« on: Aug 13, 2008 at 08:59 »

Hi,

This issue came up in http://forums.homepokertourney.com/index.php/topic,17448.0.html.

What chips do you give out for a rebuy? The same as the starting stack? Or do you only give out high denominations to avoid the extra hassle at color ups and/or save on chips?

Say you were holding a T1,000 tournament, what chip denominations would serve well as rebuy chips?

I'll play you in any game you name for any amount you can count.
Detroitdad
MTPL
Regular

« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2008 at 09:03 »

Hi,

This issue came up in http://forums.homepokertourney.com/index.php/topic,17448.0.html.

What chips do you give out for a rebuy? The same as the starting stack? Or do you only give out high denominations to avoid the extra hassle at color ups and/or save on chips?

Say you were holding a T1,000 tournament, what chip denominations would serve well as rebuy chips?

100 or 500 dollar chips.

The Lions will be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DCP
Regular

Jackets in '09! (yeah, right)

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2008 at 11:37 »

When necessary, we use high denomination chips for rebuys. The rebuy player can always get change.

Greg - Just another poker player in Louisiana - P* deviantla
Dark City Poker League - Shreveport, LA
Martini
Regular

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:23 »

Larger denoms. You should start off your tables with enough of the lower denomination chips that there will be enough small chips so that players are not constantly making change. Keep in mind that the small denoms need to cover worst case scenario too so if your blinds go 25/50, 50/100, 75/150 that the 75/150 round is the one you need to plan for. For my T4000 tourney I will hand out four T1K chips for rebuys which helps me double check the books to make sure that I have accounted for all rebuys correctly.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
William
Regular

Bloody Marvellous

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2008 at 02:27 »

Thanks all, turns out I've been doing it wrong.

On a pleasant side note: I now have enough chips to host an MTT without having to buy more (well, except the extra table and chairs that is...)

I'll play you in any game you name for any amount you can count.
Martini
Regular

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2008 at 02:33 »

Thanks all, turns out I've been doing it wrong.

On a pleasant side note: I now have enough chips to host an MTT without having to buy more (well, except the extra table and chairs that is...)

Wouldn't say that there is necessarily a "right" or "wrong". I don't see why another starting stack chip distribution wouldn't work. Just sounds like others prefer the large denoms for the reasons given.

(not a real alcoholic beverage)
Pages: [1]
Print
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Rules  |  How To Shuffle  |  Topic: What chips to use for rebuys?