Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 24, 2017 at 03:00
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Shuffling Board  ( 5105 )
Hands_of_Fate
Regular
: 347

« : Oct 29, 2007 at 18:54 »

I recently built my own poker table.  With some of the leftover materials, I took a small chopping board, glued some foam to it and stapled down some poker cloth.   Now I have a small 'dealers pad' to practice on.  This was a snap to make compared to building the table.  And it's completely portable.  I can whip it out on my desk when I'm bored.

To properly shuffle you can't be on a flat surface, you really need a poker-table like surface with smooth cloth and a surface that gives a little, but you don't need that much space to do the actual shuffling. 

Anyone interested in buying a pad for themselves just PM me.  I'll send u pix of mine.

Midnight Rose
Global Moderator
Regular
: 11900

« #1 : Oct 29, 2007 at 18:57 »

I recently built my own poker table.  With some of the leftover materials, I took a small chopping board, glued some foam to it and stapled down some poker cloth.   Now I have a small 'dealers pad' to practice on.  This was a snap to make compared to building the table.  And it's completely portable.  I can whip it out on my desk when I'm bored.

Do you think the board would work well for doing chip tricks and such?
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular
: 3670

« #2 : Oct 29, 2007 at 19:24 »

http://www.pokerpadz.com/
Midnight Rose
Global Moderator
Regular

« #3 : Oct 29, 2007 at 19:28 »

Yep, I've considered that; even had one on order for a bit.  But I need more room; I'm trying to learn the chip roll trick, and the smaller pad doesn't give enough space for that.  Doing it on top of my desk at work, causes issues.  So I need something smaller than a full table, but bigger than a breadbasket.
Hands_of_Fate
Regular

« #4 : Oct 29, 2007 at 19:29 »

as long as your not rolling them more than a foot, sure.  I use it to just shuffle chips.  Here's an image of it w/cards for scale ...

Hands_of_Fate
Regular

« #5 : Oct 29, 2007 at 19:34 »

Oh cool!  I never knew these existed.  I might get the 2/$20 deal.  Nice to have on the road if ur in a game w/a crappy, hard, slippery table.  At least u can shuffle. 

The one that I threw together probably feels more like a table since it's wood, then foam, then poker cloth.  It's actually a small section of a table when I think about it....
Midnight Rose
Global Moderator
Regular

« #6 : Oct 29, 2007 at 19:38 »

I like how that table looks; it would make a good practice setup for chip tricks, and I can see practicing card shuffling on it too.  Then the Pokerpadz setup would work well in tight spaces.
K ALL IN 9
Regular
: 2273

« #7 : Oct 29, 2007 at 21:03 »

i made one of these a while back for shuffling, chips tricks etc. and i love it!
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Rules  |  How To Shuffle  |  Topic: Shuffling Board