Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email? Dec 18, 2014 at 07:20
Login
Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Username:
Password:

^ Login with username, password and session length

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ZOMG Matsui WSOP Replica Group Buy!!  (Read 3794 times)
links__slayer
Player

« on: Aug 12, 2011 at 16:03 »

Get your Matsui on:

http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/group-buy-discussion/75214-official-mastui-wsop-order-thread.html

http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/group-buy-discussion/75222-official-matsui-wsop-sample-set-order-thread.html
Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 19:48 »

Holy crap.

Beautiful.

Wedge Rock (not a real rock)

Guilty of over-using ellipses...
links__slayer
Player

« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 21:20 »

or if you prefer the 43mm variety:

Killingbird
Regular

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 10:12 »

those are very very cool.

links__slayer
Player

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 17:06 »

thanks Smiley they definitely do not suck.
Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 19:27 »

idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idon
otneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotn
eedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneed
anotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanot
herchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherc
hipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchips
et...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...
idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idon
otneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotn
eedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneed
anotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanot
herchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherc
hipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchips
et...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...idonotneedanotherchipset...

links__slayer
Player

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 19:50 »

but they're mastuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuis!!!!!  Wink
Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 21:58 »

I'm curious...  How'd you put this together?  Did you just call Matsui and get the deets and have J5 put together the design?

You think you'll have any trouble getting to 10,000 chips?

links__slayer
Player

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 03:08 »

I'm curious...  How'd you put this together?  Did you just call Matsui and get the deets and have J5 put together the design?

You think you'll have any trouble getting to 10,000 chips?

Another CTer (Josh) did all the work in the beginning (contacting Matsui, negotiating minimums and price, etc.) and then I took over since he was going to be away for 2+ weeks for work.  But basically yes, it was as "simple" as contacting Matsui, having J5 do the artwork, and seeing if there was enough interest to meet the 10,000 chips.

It's been a struggle at times (that might be a vast understatement really...) dealing with the Matsui rep due to the language barrier but we've been able to sort out everything in the end. Smiley

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get to 10,000.  We're at 2600+ at the moment.  It sounds like a lot of folks are just trying to figure out what they want before ordering....you know:

all 40mm?
all 43mm?
40mm low denoms w/ 43mm high denoms
glitter / non-glitter (glitter ftw, imo Smiley)

Unfortunately there are still a lot of variables as far as final cost/chip is concerned which I think it causing a lot more commotion than it should but I understand where people are coming from.  For example, I won't know the exact shipping cost from Matsui to me until we figure out exactly how many chips are in the order.  Also, I won't know exactly how much the artwork fee is going to be  until we figure out exactly how many glitter-ized and non-glitter-ized chips are in the order (there's a separate cost for each).

Hope that helps Smiley
links__slayer
Player

« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2011 at 20:23 »

We're officially more than halfway to the 10,000 chip minimum if anyone is interested Smiley
Wedge Rock
Global Moderator
Regular

CC&GTCC # R-7604

« Reply #10 on: Aug 26, 2011 at 12:26 »

Why am I still looking at these?  I don't need another set of chips.

links__slayer
Player

« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2011 at 07:37 »

Why am I still looking at these?  I don't need another set of chips.

but you want another set..... Evil
Killingbird
Regular

« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2011 at 15:31 »

really really want.

links__slayer
Player

« Reply #13 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 19:57 »

order period ends tomorrow at 23:59 central time.  currently at 7100+ chip (excluding sample sets) so come and get 'em! Smiley
links__slayer
Player

« Reply #14 on: Sep 02, 2011 at 15:31 »

KAPOW!

Officially over 10,000 chips.

Holla!!!
austin5string
Global Moderator
Regular

« Reply #15 on: Sep 02, 2011 at 15:41 »

I just wish I had the funds and the justification for a set.  But since I haven't played a game of poker in probably 2 years, I'm not sure it would make sense.. LOL  But man, I'd love a set.

Dude is definitely weird.. If it's a bot, it's a pretty good one..  If it's a person, it's a pretty bad one.. LOL
links__slayer
Player

« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2011 at 09:21 »

11000+ chips arriving on Monday.  Can't.  Friggin.  Wait.
Regular

« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 11:02 »

i deal with these chips all day long. good luck with them, they're extremely slippery when stacked 20+ high and spill when you look at them funny. But they get much much better with wear. Smiley not a fan of them.
links__slayer
Player

« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 16:38 »

i deal with these chips all day long. good luck with them, they're extremely slippery when stacked 20+ high and spill when you look at them funny. But they get much much better with wear. Smiley not a fan of them.

Yep, I borrowed a bunch (40ish) from someone for about a month before I decided whether or not to go ahead and buy a set myself.  I agree that they are quite slippery and that they're not everyone's favorites.  To each their own.
Pages: [1]
Print
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Supplies & Accessories  |  Poker Chips  |  Topic: ZOMG Matsui WSOP Replica Group Buy!!